Tuesday 11 May 2010

Massive diet rant. Fair warning.

I'm guna rant...

Im getting so pissed off with all these people who are on bloody diets!!

By their version of a diet i mean they are thinking they are being good and healthy by eating a celery stick a day, if that! If anything its just so stupid and has major health implications! So one stick of celery is a possible understatement, but you get the point.

I don't understand diets. I know as ive got CF it doesnt really matter if i diet, its very discouraged for me to do that. I see it as fried chicken is healthy for me basically. But i dont rule out healthy foods as well, im addicted to salads, and i like my vegetables (although being at uni, i dont eat as much veg as i should - sorry mum lol) but i just dont understand, why is the world so so vein. Its actually quite disgusting sometimes. and extremely sad. Its really makes me angry, as im sure this blog will show.

Why cant people (from all walks of life) just eat what the hell they want and then just exercise properly! Not stand for 3 hours in the shop comparing the amount of calories on two packets of food that are practically the same!... either way they are guna consume them calories and they will like it, so why bother counting the calories, it doesnt add to the taste!!

Im ranting about this also because a few friends have been telling me that i eat too much unhealthy things. Yeah i had KFC 4 times last week, at least 3 starbucks chocolate cream frappachinos - sometimes with extra whipped cream, ive eaten sweets galore, and ive just polished off a box of Mr Kipling Angel slices (there were 6 in the box). And thats just a small amount of what ive eaten this week! And, honestly. im pretty proud of that monumental amount for me, as my appetite has been non-existant for a while now, so this is also a sign for me that something is picking up in me and my extra nebs and physio is actually paying off for a change. (even if it doesnt feel like it when out walking, thats still a work in progress). All my friends know about my high calorie needs and why i need them so much. But i still dont rule out exercise. I still like to sometimes watch what i eat. Sometimes ill just have 3 KFCs in a week (lol).

Im not saying everyone must eat the kind of things i eat and/or as much, as im sure that most of my friends couldnt handle that (considering i know someone who gets full up after a pot noodle! A pot noodle!!) I just wish they would get off my case. Im not guna stop eating "junk" just coz they cant eat it, coz it means their bikini wont look good on them this summer.

If they keep on, they will be picking their head up from off the floor.

I feel a bit better now. Deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand where you're coming from on this! It annoys me so much! Especially if you go to a party and my friends will eat all the crisps and the stuff and it gets to the cake and it's a "no thanks, I'm watching my weight" and I'm sat there stuffing my face still half the size of them! I suppose because we find it so frustrating and hard to put weight on, people who complain about gaining weight easily really annoys us! For me I think it's a jealousy thing both ways! For people to say that to you is really bad! I don't comment on people's diets if they're good or bad! That's really rude! Hope you're ok!!! P.S. I LOVE ANGEL SLICES! mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete