Wednesday 22 September 2010

Uni

I'm really looking forward to Friday (24th) as I'm going back to Uni. Ill only be doing induction that day, so its all the welcome back talks and telling us if anything has changed - not too much i hope! I got to finally register online the other day so that's all sorted now.

I passed my resits!! :D I was extremely shocked, i honestly thought they hadn't gone to plan at all! on one of them i only did just pass by like 1 mark but still I PASSED :D I got a text from my friend to say they were up online and i did that arms flappy thing and got all flustered haha! I'm so happy i passed them though they were worrying me something chronic!

I got my new timetable as well the other day. Literally the best timetable in the world I'm sure!! I'm in on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Ive got Tuesdays and now Fridays off! (we were in on Friday for the first 3 weeks but now they changed it) Its cut my travel costs down a bit so that pleased me, and my earliest start is 9am on a Thursday, which is also the day i finish the latest which is 4pm. Otherwise i start around 10am and finish sometime in the afternoon.
I'm still expecting the flood of work however so the days off will come in extremely handy for me eventually!

Living at home i think will help me out a ton as well, as i wont be living with the certain people on my course who make literally everything a competition which makes me feel really stressed more so. Most of the competitors on my course are on placement as well now so i wont even be in class with them either, which will make life so much better for me with regards to uni! Maybe now i can actually concentrate on the lectures and tutorials instead of sitting there getting all annoyed and upset 'coz i don't understand everything I'm meant to and they do. Sounds silly i know but that's just me really. If everyone else gets something and i don't, my brain pretty much just shuts down.

Ive got a few things to sort out with the DSA people at Uni, with regards to travel help and such and i need to sort something out for my notetakers. Last year i had two of my course mates taking them for me (they got paid more than i do for DLA in a month, maybe even a year, which is stupidly ridiculous as i don't think they should have been getting paid at all) but they are on placement as well now so ill have to sort something new out. I don't know if ill have one, as I've got my Dictaphone i got from my DSA equipment and i think i might concentrate more if I'm taking my own notes. Plus then ill understand them, as if i have a notetaker from the disability department, theres A) No guarantee that they will be there for all my lectures (totally defies the point of a notetaker to me) and B) It means ill understand what the topic(s) is about compared to someone taking notes who hasn't a clue what they are writing about and misses out all the important stuff. Which is why i had the people on my course take the notes last year as they knew what to do.

Anyway, other than all that I'm doing wellish health wise. Ive had a few episodes of chest pain and i had a plug the other day that i just woke up with, it was really painful and i began to think i had a partially collapsed lung, but then when i was coughing and i felt it start to shift i knew it was just a plug - thank god!! Ive never had a collapsed lung and i don't fancy it, but I've asked the team about it just so i know what to look out for. Ive started eating a LOT better now as well, I'm back to stuffing my face in the evenings and I'm eating breakfast again as well :) My energy is picking up nicely and i can now get out of bed properly around 10am if not before some mornings, without feeling like id been out partying all night. Ive started a sort of diary thing, its mostly for food, to show my dietician i do eat and that it is fattening foods and things like that. I hate my dietician, more so since she said you could give an anatomy lesson with my skinny arms!! I also put in things about physio in there as well, and whether I've been on any walks or something, and generally how I'm feeling that day. I started it mostly with just a food diary in mind, but i think it could benefit the other members of the team as well if i put other things in there as well.

Other than all that i don't think theres much else to tell really...

1 comment:

  1. Why would you need a note taker anyway? Other than for when your off in hospital. I took all my own notes when I was at Uni, note taker never even crossed my mind :)

    ReplyDelete