Sunday 22 November 2009

Number one question on my mind right now....

I've heard a question been passed around lately:

If you could be re-born, would you choose to have CF, whilst knowing how it feels and everything?"

My answer would be at this moment in time, yes I would still choose to have CF.

Even with all the crap it brings daily, and the pains and hassles it can cause, I think I'd be a total different person if I didnt have CF. I dont think I would have gotten as far as I am with "life" as I am right now. Getting into University was a massive leap for me, especially as I didnt think that I would be accepted. I cried my eyes out with happiness when I read my acceptance letter for University. Although I said I was sick of all the "hurdle climbing" I can honestly say that I wouldn't change having CF.... However I've not been through some things that others with this disease have been through, such as a transplant.

If I had the chance to live a day in the life of someone who was totally healthy and then went back to having CF I would be upset to begin with I think, but once I realised again how much CF has an impact in a good way aswell as bad on my life I think I would be okay again....  I say good as it can be a motivation havin CF, in the way that it can force you to succeed as there is a life expectancy you dont know if your going to reach and excced that "limit" or if your not going to even come close, you just dont know really, and so I think that it can be a motivation to get out of bed (unless your having a particualrly bad day) and to do everything to the best of your abilities whilst dealing with this somewhat annoying disease.....

So yes I would still choose to have CF at this moment in time, however I cannot guarantee that the above would be my answer still if my CF were more severe.... perhaps something to bare in mind if my condition changes....

Anyway im going to stop rambling on now and get some work done :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment