Sunday 23 January 2011

Daily Trials

So I'm still not much better. I mentioned in my last post about the terrifying possibility of needing a PEG soon as i cant keep weight on if i can manage to gain it at all that is.

I was feeling optimistic about the fact that i might not need it as i was feeling like my eating was starting to pick up a bit each day. But the past like week maybe, those optimistic thoughts have been diminishing daily. Although I've been trying my utmost hardest to eat and eat little and often as having the regular large meals and snacks in between wasn't working for me. But i keep throwing up :(
Sometimes its because I've coughed too hard and too much as i couldn't catch my breath in the morning when i first wake up, sometimes its just random and just happens. Its usually those times that are the worst and most violent :(

I couldn't sleep the other night as all i was thinking about was this stupid PEG. They say things come in threes. The first was my port, indicating to me that my veins are rubbish now and there's a future waiting for me containing more IVs. Now the second is a PEG... what the hells next?! I hate to think.

I feel incredibly frustrated about everything that's happening. Its like I've lost control of my own body and i hate it. Its quite scary sometimes really. I don't feel like theres much point telling the team any of this because A. they wouldn't actually get it as much as they write things down and say "yes i understand" they just don't get the emotional part of living with a debilitating disease that sucks the life out of you some days that all you feel you can do is sit there and just cry and cry. and B. There isn't anything they can do about this, so whats the point in telling them? ...

I wish more than anything now that i didn't have to do Uni. I just don't have the stamina left for it anymore. One day at uni and I'm shattered i can sleep for 2 days! And with some assignments due and some waiting to be set doesn't help get my stress level down. The Uni don't help much with regards to things like extensions as they don't offer them no matter the circumstance. If you were in a coma and had an assignment due in before you went into said coma, they would fail you for not having for seen said coma and handed in the work early, and charge you £50 to resit and cap you at 40% . That's how helpful the Uni are.

I tried to have a nice normal day out shopping with mum yesterday and i felt fine when i woke up, managed to take a shower and was a bit knackered out after that, but still managed to do my physio and have breakfast. Felt fine on the train to Bristol, and then when i got there started to feel a bit sick. Thought i was just a bit thirsty so we went for a coffee first, i had a lemonade as that usually helps to combat sickness feeling for me. But it didn't work and as the day wore on i felt progressively worse and more strangled for breath when walking. I had to keep sitting down in the shops while i told mum to go have a look and ill catch up with her. By the time i caught up she was finished and i wasn't in the mood to have a look for myself. I thought maybe i was just hungry and so we went for lunch at a place we love called Bella Italia. Got a pasta dish i know i like and shared it with mum. Barely managed 3 forkfuls of food, before i went to the toilets and promptly threw up everything from breakfast to right then. Although i felt a bit better, i was then incredibly hungry but still unable to eat anything and had a very sore stomach and throat :( Paid up at lunch and i tried some more shops as i didn't want to ruin mums first weekend out in a long time any more than i already had. I managed about another 3 shops maybe and couldn't go on and so we went home early.

I still feel bad about it now the next day even though i know we can always go back and finish the shops we didn't get to another weekend, but that's not the point for me.

I'm just so fed up with pretty much everything right now. Plus with Annual Review as my next appointment now i don't think things will be getting much better. In my opinion even if i do manage to put weight on it wont show at the appointment 'coz i have to starve myself for them stupid blood tests and if it does show its gone up it still wont be enough for them to piss off and leave me alone.

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing. I don't have much to say that will help but about the uni thing, I feel exactly the same! My hospital told me to drop to 1 day a week but I'll fail if I do that and I don't want feeling shit to dominate everything so I compromise and do 1 and a half days here and the rest as distance learning. I can't keep up with everything and it's really getting to me. Just wanted to say big hugs and I might bump into you at Bristol Temple Meads train station at some point. I'm there mondays and tuesdays trying to catch a train. You'll hear me before you see me! hahaha! I really hope things improve soon because you aren't having much fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete