Tuesday 5 July 2011

Ups and Downs...

So I've not blogged for ages!! I've not really known what to write up until now, but even now I'm not totally sure so this might be a bit of a random post, well see!

My emotions have been a struggle lately to say the least. Normally I'm good at keeping myself in check, i keep a diary of my own and anything gets written down in there, I've read back on some things and it doesn't even make much sense, but i guess at the time of writing it, it made me feel better so I'm not bothered. That diary is for me anyway and so others don't need to understand it.

For some reason i just stopped writing. I became very low and didn't really care about much. I wasn't very well which didn't help my low mood and i was snapping a lot at people who didn't deserve to be snapped at. I wasn't able to keep food down, unless it was ice cream or ice lollies. I was drinking tons but still became severely dehydrated and it ended up making my lips dry out so much at night that they would split and bleed. They became really quite sore and i used to use vaseline to heal my lips when this happened in the past but being on overnight oxygen now i couldn't do that, so i was struggling as i couldn't find a cream that would help me that wasn't going to also make my face explode :|

I wasn't sleeping so i was becoming more low by the day really, sleep only seemed to want to come to me at the most inconvenient times during the day and i had to relent most of the time and give in to it as i was pretty much propping my eyes open with matchsticks most days. My chest was drying up and was so painful as i kept getting plugs and random muscle spasms. The only thing that seemed to help my chest was hot water bottles and laying on my side. If i did any nebuliser it felt like it made my chest so tight and i just couldn't breathe properly afterwards. So i gave up.

I still have the wheelchair on loan from the red cross but it goes back at the end of this month so ill more than likely become a recluse again which will send my mood down again. I cant manage walking up the stairs properly i have to stop half way.

I went to clinic when i was really quite unwell and they wanted me in, i refused as i didn't think i needed IVs i just needed to keep my food down and get some sleep! I was exhausted. They prescribed me some orals I've not had before as i insisted that the ones they keep giving me now don't really do anything and the Cipro makes me throw up even more now. I also got some anti sickness pills. I started taking them that night and after a few days they seemed to be doing the trick. I managed to start keeping cereal down and eventually got up to having proper meals again.

I'm now keeping food down, my mood has really picked up, and I'm sleeping again! I went back to clinic the other day and was given some very mild anti depressants which also act as a sedative so they are helping me to sleep which is doing me the world of good it feels! They are also to help with my mood as its still not good but its improving slowly so well see how i go.

I'm going to do a separate blog about my recent clinic appointment as there was a big decisions made by me and i want to talk properly about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment