Wednesday 16 December 2009

Sods Law :(

My IV's were going fine, no problems, my headache cleared up eventually :) My arm still aches a bit but thats normal for me when on IV's.

However, I went out with my mates last night (didnt drink any alcohol :) ) as it was my mates birthday outing last night and I was wrapped up warm, kept my arm protected and all that jazz, got home and my arm was a bit more achey than normal, I figured it was just a bit cold so warmed it up and slept fine. Got up this morning to do my morning meds and trying to flush my line was a bit hard and slightly painful, went onto my Meropenem and it was still hard to go thru, although it was going through slowly, except it was really painful :(

So Ive had this before and was told to warm a tea towel or something and put it over my arm and then try again. Did this, and carried on, nothing changed was still painful and it was just getting worse. I finished the Mero and went to flush with Saline and just under my collarbone a small tennis ball style lump had decided to form and my arm was quite painful to move..... enter panic mode! Rang my mum at work, panicking and told her what had happened (ive never had any probs before with lines at all) and she calmed me down and said to ring the CF team at 9am. So did that, and explained what happened, they rang me back and told me to go in for 3pm today :( it possible my line is blocked and I might need a new one put in!
It took 3 attempts to get this line in and i dont think it went in easily either :'(

So Im not looking forward to this afternoon at all :( I really really dont want to be admitted to hospital, and I feel really bad as I was meant to be going Xmas shopping with my mate today and its her birthday and we were going to lunch etc and now I dont think thats happening, and I feel crap coz I feel like Ive ruined her bday...

Anyone fancy swapping bodies for the day??

No comments:

Post a Comment