Sunday 13 June 2010

Home again

I'm home again!

For now....

What a fiasco it took to get here though! I'm still in the process of moving out of my Uni house and back home. I went back to the Uni house on the 9th June, to pack all my things up. This took far more effort than i was expecting! But i managed to get all my room packed up and all I've got left is just the last few clothes (I've got to take another bag from home, to Uni house as i ran out of things to pack my clothes in.... I've got far too many jeans!) and the kitchen things that are mine. Oh and food that I've got left that's still in date. The only trouble is, is that i don't actually have any way of getting all my things from Uni house to home... I was hoping my Great Aunty's sons could help me out and get one of their flatbed trucks and drivers to take it all home for me, as I've got a bookcase as well as boxes and such, so it wont easily fit in a car. Not that I've got a car - my family are extremely helpful like that and offering to help me move home :| - But so far they haven't said whether they will help out, and I'm getting annoyed as i want my things home so i can unpack and settle back home and start on my summer plans. Plus I've got limited clothes at home which is really annoying!

When i left the Uni house and came back home on Friday night, it was getting on a bit, and I was knackered, and hungry and wound up from packing so much, and I got the bus to town, so I could get another bus to the station. I got on the first bus to town and when I was waiting for the next one, I realised I'd left all my 'meds for the weekend back at the Uni house! In my haste to leave and get home I'd totally forgotten to pick them up on the way out. So I had to go all the way back (luckily I had a day rider ticket) just so I could get these 'meds. Then I had to get another bus back to town! Luckily it was, at this point, that late that the bus I got went straight to the train station, so it cut down half my journey. But I was now even more wound up and tired, my face looked like a smacked arse and people were avoiding me left, right and center, (which was also probably due to my extravagant coughing and possible blue/purple face - I'm assuming this is what they think the plague looks like!) which helped me out just dandy, as i was in no mood for being a "people person". This i why i hate travelling alone haha!

Eventually i got to Chippenham (home) and wanted to get a taxi home. There was one taxi left, and some lady over took me going for the same taxi and got in it and left me! Bitch!! She didn't even have any luggage and saw me plain as day, going for that taxi and struggling a lot with my really heavy backpack and other bags, yet still stole my taxi! I had to ring my mum to get her to order me a taxi for a pick up from the station. One turned up and it was the taxi driver who is really nasty and rude, and he said where am i going, i told him and he said "well i have to have my tea, so can you wait for 5-10 minutes?" I basically told him i had to have my tea as well and had to get home. He just said i had to wait and he needed to have his tea and then drove off! I wish i knew his badge number or name or something then i could tell them when i order a taxi again that i don't want him 'coz hes so rude! I ended up getting another taxi as 2 pulled in just after he left and the driver was really lovely and chatty, telling me about his daughter and Grankids. He was that nice i gave him a tip and told him hes the nicest taxi driver I've had for a long time... he told me flattery will get me everywhere :p ... Its a shame i forgot to get his name as well as ill be using taxis a fair bit soon with living at home and still doing uni...

I was glad when i got home, i had a lush shower which made me feel so much more human and got rid of all the dust that was on me from packing my room up (i felt like id been in a dust mine all day!), then had a decent burger courtesy of mum, watched some telly and went to bed. Best nights sleep id had in a few days!

Only a few more trips to the Uni house left thankfully, one to pick all my things up and the other to clean it all up. Which at the moment i dont know when that will be as all my other house mates cant make the date that was set before. Plus one of my housemates and i had a little heated discussion about her way of how the house should be cleaned... im glad im not living with her anymore. She said we had to scrub the floors, twice, on our hands and knees!! TWICE!! i told her she was being ridiculous and that basically its not the queen moving in, just another bunch of students. I said if she really wants to scrub the floors she welcome to, but ill just sit and watch. She said that she needs her damage deposit back for her year afterwards, (love how she assumed we were all happy to waste our money) and didnt see the harm in a little extra effort... Extra effort yes, but not OTT effort! Im pretty sure she can just stick a mop/duster on the end of the rod she has up her arse and be done with it really!

Seriously glad im moving back home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment