Monday 7 June 2010

Year 2 reflection and being home

So like I said I've now finished my exams, and completed year 2 (depending on any possible resits in the summer) I'm so happy its finally all over. When i first started my second year i was all prepared and had a plan in place for doing well and keeping on track, and it was for once in my life a realistic plan! But obviously not realistic enough. I was well when i created this "plan" and so wasn't accounting for how unpredictable CF really is, and how it seems to strike when things are feeling like they are going well.

I ended up getting fairly unwell and was in hospital for about a month, this completely threw me off my "plan" and i lost track totally of uni and missed a great deal, thus making my exams much harder than they should have been. However i made it threw the academic year and I'm trying to create some plans in advance as best i can for my third and what might be my third and final year...

I'm living at home next year (academic year) and so that will help me out a great deal health wise, as mum will be here to help take care of me, make sure i eat, keep on top of my physio and work, and general "have u taken your pills" arguments that ensues after a nice meal lol

I can also start up my running route again, and I'm hoping to eventually be able to get back onto my bike and ride to and from the train station and my house as ill need to get the train to uni every day, which admittedly will be knackering, but after i get into the routine i think ill be okay and as long as i get plenty of rest and keep everything up ill be okay. It should get my lung function back up there as well! Which will please my physios immensely!

I'm at home at the moment. I came home on Saturday for a car boot sale with my mum, which she bought me a photo frame and a large fluffy duck as end of exams presents :D They pleased me immensely :)

I'm supposed to be going back today to Bristol to pack my things up and I've also got a hospital appointment tomorrow and Wednesday (2 different days as two different people) and i know they want me on IVs, but i managed to get back 7% of my lung function, so i know that i can do more for myself without IVs, besides i don't have the energy just yet to deal with them as home IVs and i don't want to go into hospital now, and as I've not got any uni commitments i have more time for myself to focus on my health! I'm putting my foot down and doing more for myself, i don't feel like i need them anymore, no matter how much the Dr wont listen to me. I really don't like her! I prefer the other consultant i have but now hes moved higher up in the CF unit, he doesn't see many patients which sucks :(

I'll either go back to Bristol today or tomorrow morning. I'm leaving most of my things i bought home here as there's no point me taking them back only to have to just pack them and bring them back again...

I'm really enjoying being at home again, without a care in the world with regards to uni at the moment. I'm loving having nothing at all to do, although its hard to think what i did with my time before uni :S
I know ill get bored with nothing to do soon enough, but mum finishes work for summer hols soon so well have plenty to do as we've got some nice days out planned :)

Speaking of mum, she'll be home from work soon, and I'm still not showered or anything so better get a move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment