Monday 8 March 2010

CF is one vicious circle!

Just had my doctors rounds for the morning. They always come round on the Monday just to see how people have been over the weekend, and reassess people etc. Today was a reassessment for me.

On friday i will have been on cefttazadime and tobramycin for 4 weeks!! this friday will also be 2 weeks that ill have been on meropenem. I wanted to be discharged this week as its my 21st birthday on Thursday :D

Even though my plans for that have gone out the window im going to celebrate it later in the month when my energy levels are back to being nice to me and all the horrid IV drugs are out my system.

So i managed to get them to take me off the ceft and the toby, and just leave me with one more week of meropenem, which im going to continue at home! Im going to HOPEFULLY be discharged wednesday morning and ill go back get more clothes and then travel to home (i live in bristol for uni atm) to continue my meds there and rest up some more before heading back to uni for the last few weeks before Easter Hols!

Before i had the drs come in, i saw my dietician. Ive never been a huge fan of these people. Nothing against them as members of the team and such they are pretty vital, but just their job! I know they have to make a living and are only here to help take care of us blah blah blah but still... does anyone else find they always repeat themselves??!! Its like listening to a stuck record and it drives me mad!!

I keep getting a nausea feeling, and its stopping me from being able to eat properly if at all. Therefore this has had a dramatic effect on my weight and ive gone from about 52kg down to 50kg in less than a week! I know this is bad, i know i need to gain my weight back to get more energy to get better lung function etc The drs put me on some anti sickness tablets and i managed to be able to get out on Saturday and went shopping with my mum in an exceptionally busy Primark! Then Emily took me for a meal at Bella Italia :D I really enjoyed it and it was the first proper meal ive had thats even looked edible when put in front of me that ive managed to eat! I even got a starbucks frappachino afterwards with whipped cream! So the tablets are deffinetly helping me!

Yesterday wasnt so good as although i was taking the tablets i still didnt have much of an appetite. I explained all this to my dietician and she started going on about how important it is to gain weight and keep it on to have energy, and all of this in turn affects my lung function. Im the one living with this shitty disease im pretty sure after nearly 21 years i have figured that and maybe a few things they dont realise as well! I dont really get along with supplements, i dont have a taste for them at all. Ive only just found the ensures a few months ago and im even starting to get sick of them now! :| Ive got Maxijul powder but im always forgetting to put it in my food and drinks, and when i usually cook for me and Emily its not easy to add in powder and make sure Emily doesnt get any - im pretty sure she doesnt want to eat an extra 600or so calories every meal time when theres no need!

I did my DNAse neb today and the physio arrived during my hour that im waiting to move on with more physio. To be perfectly honest i think im having a "rebelious" day with physio and general health. I just cant be bothered today and people whinging to me about importance i already know about isnt helping me - its just pissing me off more so. They can only help to a certain degree without actually living with it themselves they cant get that part! and it pisses me off when they have days spouting all this knowledge when in actual fact i just dont care today!

Im throwing my toys out the pram today and stamping my feet. I think we all have days like this, - sick people or not - and people just need to back off for a day and im fine. I realise im being stupid and just wasted a day of not doing physio when in actual fact that could have been one day to make the difference between getting over this infection and going home and me staying in and having more meds thrown at me. I just need to be left alone to realise this fact on my own, otherwise i wont listen and ill tell you where to shove it. simple.

Im going to go and drown myself in a tide of KFC chicken soon, so maybe that will cheer me up. The fresh air alone i think will help.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the suppliments I hate them all but I force myself to drink Vanilla Skandishakes to keep them happy. If your interested I was send a load of recipes to use skandishakes in, make them taste a bit better. If you want me to send you them then email me at v_glen@yahoo.com and put skandishakes in the tite so I don't delete it :)

    ReplyDelete