Wednesday 17 March 2010

So very very tired and fed up

I came out of hospital a week yesterday, and i came off my IV's a week 2morro. Since then ive been dealing with all the meds coming out of my system, and trying to get back to uni and deal with all the coursework thats piled up past my ears.

Although i made a plan with my program leader to focus on the main 3 modules that im doing well in and have already put a lot of work into, and then the other 3 to just submit "something" enough for me to be able to do a possible resit of them in the summer time, i still feel like im falling flat on my face every day. The plan now i think about it more and more isnt actually that much of a plan. Although i submitted extenuating circumstances from being in hospital and on IV's, i still have to get all my work in on time for the deadline my tutors set. Which TOTALLY defies the point of "extenuating circumstances". To me submitting them should mean that i get some sort of extention granted for all the courseworks that have been affected due to my circumstances at the time that prevented me from completing them in time for the first deadline. BUT this is not the case, submitting them still means i have to get allll my work in on time. Then the board that deals with the exten circs has a meeting in either April or June time around the results time, and in the mean time i wont know anything about whats happening. But if my stuff gets granted then it just means my assignment grades wont be capped, and if they arent accepted (which if being in hospital for a month isnt something to be granted then id like to know what is on their list) then my mark is capped at around 40% i think!

I do 6 modules and ive got coursework for every single one, all they are all due in for the 25th March at 2pm!! Most of the work ive not a clue what im doing on, i think maybe once im started on them i might be okay. But getting started is the hardest part. And trying to focus on all the work, and attend the lectures and focus on getting better and having all the meds coming out my system, it just feels like its getting all way too much!

Im absolutely shattered, i mean beyond words can really describe shattered. I think its mostly from the meds coming out my system, im not totally sure, possibly combined with stress as well. Im trying sooo hard to stick to my physio schedule that i created with my physios before i was discharged, but its proving the equivalent of trying to climb a mountain. As is battling the coursework load.

Im also realy itchey all over my body, its giving my mini rashes everywhere, mostly my head, arms, face, neck and hands. And all day today ive been getting strange tingly feelings in my hands and feet and its kinda hurts actually, like ive just shut mu whole hand in the door or something... Its really quite annoying, and the itching is literally driving my insane!! If its continues for much longer as ive only had it for 2 days now im going to ring the hospital and see what they say/think, last time i had the itches like this it was at the beginning of my ceft round and they gave me anti-itching tablets, which seemed to help nicely. My scalp is the worst, its a case of if anything touches it even a breeze that moves my hair its a mad frenzy of itching! Its pissing my off as its making my port area itch and i can feel the beginning of the catherter i think it is which at the moment really sticks up and the skin feels quite thin over it, so its hard and annoying to scratch at :|

Fingers crossed this all passes soon as its also making me distracted from my work!

Right now i just couldnt care less about Uni, i really just want to go home to my mum and rest a hell of a lot! Sleep is number one on my wish list now! Although im sleeping really well through the whole night and getting to sleep isnt a problem at all, its just the waking up bit and the energy levels in between the day thats causing the problems. I feel like i can only open my eyes half way today, which is why i took the day off uni although i didnt get as much as i would like to have done, but still.

I guess im, just going to have to keep plodding along for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment