Wednesday 10 March 2010

Home Sweet Home!

This is the first chance I've had to write this today!

IM HOME!!!!! :D

I was happy to leave hospital, im just shy of a month of being in hospital!! Im still on IV's but its just meropenem now three times a day :D I had my last doses of Ceftazadime and Tobramycin yesterday, and i finish my mero on friday morning, then off to hospital to have my port deaccessed.Then im taking a week or so to rest up at mums, and get fattened up with lush food and then im hoping to get back to uni, then itll be Easter hols so ill have lots of time to rest up then before starting a fresh for my new term in April.

My CF nurse said to me today that she can train me to deaccess my port myself, and i looked at her totally panic stricken!! Im still getting over my fear of needles (ive got about 5 tattoos and i freak at having blood taken and such - go figure lol!) and my port im still getting used to it all and having one, so theres no way i can pull a needle out myself at the moment! Maybe in a few years or maybe less, well see. But i am doing really well at getting over the fear of needles (even my doctor said that :D), i think having the finger prick BM test once or twice a day everyday whilst in hospital actually helped with that haha!! Ive got lots of little white dots on my fingers now.

I know that ive got like 2 days left of my mero and it wasnt really worth coming out so soon to the end, but i wanted to and i think they wanted me to be out by tomorrow at least as its my 21st :D.... in fact i just realised the time and its officailly my birthday :D Im now 21 and old!! Happy Birthday to me :)

Im going to my mums for my birthday with some friends and mums prepared a little buffet thing for us all, and were just guna chill out, watch some films, and embarress ourselves on the Wii :D
I was going to go out drinking with friends on Friday night but im still way to knackered for that now and ill still have my IV meds in my system, and last time i drank after coming off them... well ill just say it wasnt pretty, and i looked like death :| So im going out in a few weeks when im pretty sure im all clear :)

I was talking to my physio today before i was discharged and she said itll pay me to get out of hospital as then i can gage when im off the meds what is making me feel so rubbish all the time, whether thats the meds, generally being in hospital, or the fact that this infection has just really battered me and i just need my rest to recharge my batteries so to speak. Ive made a really good plan for physio during the week and weve fit it all in around my lectures and things. Once the summer arrives ill be able to go back out there and start running again, plus im getting my gym sorted out and am hopefully having my induction next week.

I was joking with Emily saying that i need to go on some sort of course to be rehabilitated back into society... that is depending if they'll have me :P

On a closing note, im so happy for Rachael Wakefield who got the call for her new lungs! I dont really know her well, but i know she is a very strong women and all my good luck thoughts are with her! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay your home!!! Happy Birthday!!xxx

    I can't take out my needle either the thought gives me shivers and I don't have a needle phobia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    I must be weird because I hate needles, I needed councilling just to do my own BM's but I took out my port needle after the second time I had IV's through it!

    But then I always was a strange one, lol.

    Really hope you have a good night out when you finally get out!

    ReplyDelete